Latest posts by Graham Thomas (see all)
Ten reasons to be cheerful if you are a Welsh rugby fan, following Saturday’s 20-11 victory over South Africa.
1) Wales have now won nine games in a row – the third best sequence in their history.
2) The win over South Africa secured a first clean sweep in the autumn.
3) It was a second win over South Africa this year and the fourth in a row.
4) Wales are unbeaten at home in 2018 with wins over Scotland (2), Italy, France, Australia, Tonga and South Africa and in their last eight games at the Principality Stadium.
5) The victory over the Springboks made it six in a row over southern hemisphere opposition going back to the end of the 2017 Under Armour Series – South Africa (3), Argentina (2) and Australia.
6) The ‘Red Wall’ defensive line held Australia and South Africa to one try and a mere 17 points in 160 minutes of rugby this month.
7) Wales conceded five tries and scored 14 in their four matches.
8) There were only two line-out losses in 45 throw-ins during the four matches.
9) For the second game in a row the offloads were in double figures – 18 v Tonga and 13 v South Africa.
10) We get to play England three times before the World Cup . . . and Ireland!
The post Reasons To Be Cheerful With The World Cup 298 Days Away appeared first on Dai Sport.